Friday, February 4, 2011

Uncertainty

Today has been an absolute emotional rollercoaster.  I waited at the doctor for 2 hours before they finally drew blood...then the nurse somehow created a vacuum with the needle and blood was pouring all over my arm and down the chair, then onto my  new purse and favorite pair of jeans.  When I finally met with the doctor he told me that he thinks I have something called H Pylori (Helicobacter pylori), which can cause ulcers and in some cases stomach cancer.  He is scheduling an endoscopy for sometime in the very near future.  Lots of other stuff going on, but I'm too angry to talk about that.

It wasn't all bad, though.  The adoption agency we are working with called today and told me that we are 1 of 3 couples that the birth mother is choosing from, and she is due next week!  Super exciting, right?  I would be a lot more excited if we had the money required to make it happen.  I got our taxes done today, so unless they add any extra fees, we are ONLY about $8,000.00 short.  I did ask if they would be able to reduce their fees since it's such short notice, and she said if we are picked she will look into it.  I guess it's up to God and the birth mother at this point.  As one of my smartest and most favorite friends said; if it's meant to happen, it will happen whether we can afford it or not.  I will find out Monday, so wish us luck!  I haven't even had a chance to tell Mike about it, I hope he calls soon so I can update him!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even hear about the dr stuff when we talked this afternoon. I hope everything is okay! Sending thoughts, prayers, and happy thoughts your way!! Also hope Mike gets online or calls soon! Call or stop by if you need anything!!!

    ReplyDelete